Make A Baby Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facebook's Make a Baby Discussion Forum

HomeAny conserative republicans out there? I_icon_mini_portalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Any conserative republicans out there?

Go down 
+9
MichelleZook
Lautel
Alyssa
alexiazoe
ManiB
Ally
MPP-Kani
Michelle
xayanexchanx
13 posters
AuthorMessage
xayanexchanx

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Any conserative republicans out there? Empty
PostSubject: Any conserative republicans out there?   Any conserative republicans out there? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 7:40 pm

I was just wondering. It seems that everyone I come into contact with is a democrat so I really do not get to discuss my beliefs with out them disagreeing. Well, even if they disagreed that would be fine, however most people start screaming at me, and instead of supplying their argument with facts they just keep going on about how I they are right and I am wrong.
So What is your view on president Obama? I would like to hear some ideas before I post my own. Personally, I think he is very shady and I am rather afraid of him coming into office.

Ill give arguments as to why if someone else comes on this topic
Back to top Go down
Michelle
Admin
Michelle

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Any conserative republicans out there?   Any conserative republicans out there? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 2:15 am

As a conservative republican you are wrong.
The Republican party has the interests of rich white males at heart. I am assuming you are neither rich nor male. They also fed on the fears of lower educated people on issues such as race and economics and these people continue to pass their distorted beliefs on to their children.
Back to top Go down
MPP-Kani
MPP-Kani

Number of posts : 228

PostSubject: Re: Any conserative republicans out there?   Any conserative republicans out there? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 2:33 am

Well, after that last post, I figure I should let you know that you are not alone. However, I will have to wait until I have the time, and have slept, in order to properly reply to your questions or the previous post.

I figured that you probably would appreciate some encouragement though. Sometimes it seems that we are surrounded by people who automatically discount our views at every turn, but that could just depend on where you live. When I moved to the town where I go to school, it was almost a shock, because only 2.5% of the area voted for Obama, and I'd moved from a heavily Democratic area where I was outnumbered.

And before anyone asks, I am neither male nor rich. And yes, I do know what I support and do not merely support a political party because that was how I was raised or influenced. I am a conservative republican because I actually know what it means. So please do not try to say that I am ignorant of what I support either.

Please note that I have made no posting against any other party or ideas at this time, so there is nothing yet to argue with. I know well enough not to start an argument over my words when I am typing them going on 4 hours of sleep in the last 48.

^-^
Back to top Go down
Ally
Admin
Ally

Number of posts : 854
Job/hobbies : Being on here all the time!
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Any conserative republicans out there?   Any conserative republicans out there? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:30 pm

Kirsten wrote:
The Republican party has the interests of rich white males at heart. I am assuming you are neither rich nor male. They also fed on the fears of lower educated people on issues such as race and economics and these people continue to pass their distorted beliefs on to their children.

Everyone is entitled to their views. If everyone thought the same way, we wouldn't have diversity.

Personally, I am a democrat (sorry), I am sure you have your own reasons. I don't think Obama is shady. He was raised by an anthropologist so he sees the world differently than most people. That's why i think he is going to make chances that are going to be beneficial for most people!
Back to top Go down
xayanexchanx

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Any conserative republicans out there?   Any conserative republicans out there? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 10:19 pm

Kirsten wrote:

Since when does gender determine political party? And who are you to call my views distorted? The only distorted views come from people that cannot accept others views. Saying that I cant be a republican because I am not a male alone, is a very flawed argument that holds no sort of intelligence what so ever.
Besides, what makes you think that they only care about males? For your information I think that they are the party with a lot of great morals. (Oh and by the way, I am also a feminist)
Back to top Go down
Michelle
Admin
Michelle

PostSubject: Re: Any conserative republicans out there?   Any conserative republicans out there? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 10:31 pm

Look at the statistics, the majority of Republicans are male, and the majority of Republican in government are male. They are a male dominated party, therefore they have the interests of other males in mind. I did not say you had to be male to be a Republican, but the majority are.
To be a COnservative Republican means you are:
for gun crimes
against public assistence- like child health care and Social Security
for legalized murder, under the giese of justice
against teaching science in school
against allowing children to get ahead in school
Anti- choice
Back to top Go down
ManiB

ManiB

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Any conserative republicans out there?   Any conserative republicans out there? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:11 pm

Kristen, I'm an independent who voted for Obama based on my own beliefs. However, just because that is your personal view of a Conservative Republican doesn't mean that all Conservatives have the same beliefs. Statistics doesn't mean everyone.
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/makeababy/site/a_friends_babies/1114320
MPP-Kani
MPP-Kani

Number of posts : 228

PostSubject: Re: Any conserative republicans out there?   Any conserative republicans out there? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 3:46 am

Aside from the fact that statistics don't mean everyone. Aren't you forgetting to take into account the fact that most Democrats in government are male too? Most of the people in government period are male! The majority of Democrats and Republicans in general are also male. More men register to vote then women for both parties, so both parties are male dominated! (although women who are registered are more likely to actually go and vote, from any party)

Unfortunately, you don't want to fall prey to misleading statistics. I don't know if that is the way the information was presented to you, but it is very easy to make statistics seem one way, just by leaving half or a tiny bit of the information out, or just changing the wording you present the information in. I will try not to do this, so please try not to post misleading information as well, as it confuses those who are not as well learned in the subject and can only go on what we present to them. (this goes for information and statistics about anything)

Thanks~
Back to top Go down
Michelle
Admin
Michelle

PostSubject: Re: Any conserative republicans out there?   Any conserative republicans out there? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 2:07 am

Ok, it is obvious no matter how many truths I throw at you, you are still going to believe your misguided and flat out wrong ideas.
I am not a Democrat.
I believe that humans are the cause of global warming and the US should be the leader in fixing the envirnoment. Ratify Koyto now, stop subsidizing gas prices, don't bail out the domestic auto industry.
I believe every child has the right to a free, public education without held back to the level of the worst performing child in the class. Repeal No Child Left Behind (No Child Gets Ahead).
I believe Americans do not pay enough taxes, especially wealthy Americans. I am not wealthy and I have extra taxes taken out of my pay check. If every person paid more in taxes, every student here could afford their education. In the 1970's University of California Berkley cost $500 a semester, for tuition and fees. The tax revolt in the Reagen Era by Republicans was effective and the price of higher education skyrocketed.
I believe the Second Amendment needs to be updated for today's society. It was written by men only a generation or two removed from frointeer life and while the US was still mostly unexplored, guns were a necessity. Today there is no need for an assult rifle. Register your hand gun and your hunting rifle, but turn in your A-K 47 and hollow points. If you live in DC, you are too close to the center of the US Government to own a gun, get over it. The same applies to NYC.
I believe in evolution. Rene Descartes solved the issue of Creation vs. Evolution centuries ago. Believe in God in Church and Science in Acedemics. We came from monkeys, not Adam's rib. That is fact.
I believe that another bail out without a plan is a bad idea. Not because I don't believe in a bail out, because I do. It is the governments responsiblity to keep business profitable. I don't believe in another bail out, because it means the government and busniess have failed, if busines needs a bail out then it is not profitable. Fail.

Can anyone else spell out their beliefs?
Back to top Go down
alexiazoe

alexiazoe

Number of posts : 33
Job/hobbies : reading, writting, watching tv, studying and hanging out
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Any conserative republicans out there?   Any conserative republicans out there? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 12:05 pm

Technically we did not come from monkeys but by a loss of chromosomes in a species of primates.
Back to top Go down
Ally
Admin
Ally

Number of posts : 854
Job/hobbies : Being on here all the time!
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Any conserative republicans out there?   Any conserative republicans out there? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 12:19 pm

alexiazoe wrote:
Technically we did not come from monkeys but by a loss of chromosomes in a species of primates.

It would also be Chimps, who aren't in the monkey class/species.
Back to top Go down
Michelle
Admin
Michelle

PostSubject: Re: Any conserative republicans out there?   Any conserative republicans out there? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 3:34 pm

I love how y'all pick out one flaw in my arguement instead of answering my question or trying to prove me wrong. To me that sounds like you don't know what you support, or you're not very confident in it.
Back to top Go down
Alyssa

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Any conserative republicans out there?   Any conserative republicans out there? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 3:43 pm

Oh I love politics. <3 I'm actually going to school for some International Political Economics stoof. Smile

Anywho. I come from a very, very conservative area. And I hate the closed mindedness and bigotry that most of the people in my hometown cling to. When I was younger I *hated* conservative Republicans (not the individuals so much as the party as a whole, mind). I was the subject of massive amounts of homophobia and racism (not all of this was aimed at me but my friends and family as well) and it sickens me to listen to all that anti-gay marriage shit from people who claim my God is who justifies them and all that nonsense about how America should blow up the Middle East.

However, I don't hate the people for their conservative beliefs as a whole. If they're conservaitves and not bigots, I have no problem. I, however, am a moderate Democrat. But my fiance is a moderate Republican. Although I disagree with him at times, we see eye to eye on a lot of things, regardless of party lines. We both disagree with abortion, are for gay marriage, don't believe in divorce unless it's for good reason, know America can't simply leave the Middle East but don't believe we should have been there to begin with, and are for the death penalty.

As for Obama, I wasn't for him at first. I would have loved if McCain was President, if he can't chosen Palin. I can't stand that woman and I do not want her running a country. Therefore, although Obama is not my favourite person in the world, I chose him.
Back to top Go down
Michelle
Admin
Michelle

PostSubject: Re: Any conserative republicans out there?   Any conserative republicans out there? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 4:12 pm

Alyssa I agree with you, except for the divorce thing (sometimes it is for the best).

Palin is an idiot.

I hate when people say 'I am a Republican'. What does that mean? If you want to call yourself conservative, that makes sense, liberal again makes sense. I hate they party alignments, if you conform to them I have an issue with you.
Back to top Go down
Alyssa

PostSubject: Re: Any conserative republicans out there?   Any conserative republicans out there? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 12:13 am

When it comes to divorce I usually explain my position more. We, my fiance and I, believe that too many people get married and then divorce over the silliest things. I especially believe that people with young children shouldn't get divorced unless they have a good reason. I know I'm not one to decide what a good reason is, but to me it means 1) the relationship was abusive 2)They attempted to work through their issues but couldn't.
Back to top Go down
Lautel

PostSubject: Re: Any conserative republicans out there?   Any conserative republicans out there? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 4:34 pm

For your second point- that pretty much covers divorce ^^ People who tried to work through their issues but couldn't. As my own parents are divorced (when I was just a little kid- like 5 or 6) I have to say that while it's hard on kids, it's not nearly as hard as people think as long as parents have the cojones to explain the situation to their kids- in detail. Children aren't as ignorant as people think. My mother simply explained our situation without fruity metaphores and silly stories, without excuses and foolishness- and I understood. It was actually the best thing that my parents ever did together for me. (The fighting was what really caused problems, so the divorce was easy compared to that.)
Back to top Go down
MichelleZook

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Any conserative republicans out there?   Any conserative republicans out there? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 12:49 am

Okay, Kirsten, you asked what a conservative Republican believed and you laid out your beliefs very well and why you believe the way you do. Fair enough. I'm not going to debate your issues with you, I'm only going to state what I believe and why I believe it, and ask that you offer me the same respect I'm giving you.

As a conservative, I believe in states rights, free markets and individual freedoms--but with those freedoms come responsibilities. I agree with you that our founding fathers never saw a future with automatic weapons; instead, they were thinking of a militia with citizen-soldiers who might be called upon to defend their homes and farms. I have yet to find a good answer on why someone needs an AK-47 other than (and this is from my husband) "it would be fun to shoot". Bogus. No one needs an AK-47 or hollow points. I think you can do a lot more damage with a good rifle and a good shotgun, and they're a lot harder to conceal.

I totally disagreed with the bailout. Those corporations got into a mess of their own makings, the shareholders should hold the boards liable, and the government should stay out of business. My taxpayer dollars have better things to be paying for. Piggybacking on that, the fact that so many people depend/count on the government to rescue them disturbs me. We were once a nation of self-made men and pioneers, and now we scream for the government at the drop of a hat. Ridiculous. My husband and I both come from very self-reliant families. Neither one of us took government assistance through college and my family refused (even when they were eligible) for government assistance when I was younger. We ate a lot of meals with my grandparents. On the other hand, I understand that not everyone has that advantage and at some point, people are going to have hard luck. For those reasons, I think welfare/government assistance should be brief. No more than three months.

I think abortion should not ever be considered birth control and the government shouldn't fund it. I'm sorry, but you have 72 hours after intercourse before an egg is fertilized. If you realize in that time that you missed your pill, take Plan B, but after that time, you have a responsibility to protect that life. I am fully in favor, however, of government providing Plan B and other forms of birth control to colleges and low-income clinics such as Planned Parenthood to encourage their use.

Regarding evolution versus creation, I think science still has many mysteries to unfold to us. Teach them both for what they are--theories. Believe it or not, there are credible scientists who will back creationism as a theory.

I don't think religion should be a litmus test for anything in this country. I think everyone is entitled to their beliefs and that we are all a product of our experiences and upbringing. The fact that we can have an open dialogue about that is what truly makes the US great. However, at some point, you have to have a standard. Here's where states rights come in: if California's voters deem it appropriate to pass or not pass Prop 8, who am I, as a native Texan (where I maintain my voter's residence) living in Oklahoma to pass judgement on them? If that's what they want to do, more power to them. If they want to make abortion on demand legal and outlaw guns, fine. Do whatever. But let us decide in Texas or Oklahoma or Connecticut or DC what we want to do.

Regarding the environment, I think we have a fiduciary duty to our children and to others around us to be responsible and live responsibly.

As far as Iraq/Afghanistan goes...I support our troops 110% and think if they're going to be there, they need to be set up for success, and if our government isn't willing to do that, then they need to bring them home. It's not going to be quick and it's not going to be clean, but it's what needs to be done. My only issue with withdrawing troops from Iraq is that if the place goes down the toilet because we left too soon, then every troop who died there will have died in vain.

I think the only litmus test for public office should be your willingness to serve and your ability to be elected. As far as my standard goes, President Obama is perfectly qualified--and had McCain/Palin been elected, they would have been perfectly qualified. I will be interested to see what President Obama does. No president has absolutely fulfilled his campaign promises, so I don't expect that, and I don't expect him to be as liberal as he was in the Senate since he won't be able to do that as president. I am keeping an open mind.

And, by the way, neither my family nor my husband and I are what I would define as rich (I suppose this depends on your definition) and my grandfather immigrated from Mexico. So we're not "white" either.
Back to top Go down
Krissy Tang

Job/hobbies : Chili's Bar and Grill- Server
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Any conserative republicans out there?   Any conserative republicans out there? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 1:58 am

I was going to go to bed.. until i started reading this.
Im a republican, i might be a tad bit on the conservative side too.
I do no believe we came from primates, and as for "Adam's Rib", people did not come from that rib, Eve was made with that rib and then Adam and Eve had children, then those children had children and so on. I believe in the Lord, dont try and argue with me about His existence. I dont believe in abortion, i dont believe in gay-marriage (seriously, even evoutionists should agree with that. Guys are not made to be with guys and girls are not made to be with other girls.... its physically not possible, if nature wanted it to be that way then we would have been made that way.) And i dont believe in all this cloning crap either.
Nature is perfect, why tamper with it?!
Back to top Go down
ChrEllie
Admin
ChrEllie

Number of posts : 100
Job/hobbies : You don't want to know...

PostSubject: Re: Any conserative republicans out there?   Any conserative republicans out there? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 2:57 pm

Krissy Tang wrote:
I dont believe in abortion, i dont believe in gay-marriage (seriously, even evoutionists should agree with that. Guys are not made to be with guys and girls are not made to be with other girls.... its physically not possible, if nature wanted it to be that way then we would have been made that way.) And i dont believe in all this cloning crap either.

I will be respectful but because you posted your opinion I will post mine as well.
In nature there is homosexuality and even if you personally do not agree with it our government is created to be separated from church and state meaning that just because it is against the Bible it should not transfer into our democracy.
Why tamper with nature? Because without the progression of science we would not have medicines or knowledge of our planet and we would never have advanced as a society.

I am being respectful and posting my opinion although I disagree I do not want to take this bantering of ideals to turn into an argument- just to put my little disclaimer.
Back to top Go down
Catherine

Catherine

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Any conserative republicans out there?   Any conserative republicans out there? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 4:02 pm

EllieGiscoolerthanyou wrote:
Krissy Tang wrote:
I dont believe in abortion, i dont believe in gay-marriage (seriously, even evoutionists should agree with that. Guys are not made to be with guys and girls are not made to be with other girls.... its physically not possible, if nature wanted it to be that way then we would have been made that way.) And i dont believe in all this cloning crap either.

I will be respectful but because you posted your opinion I will post mine as well.
In nature there is homosexuality and even if you personally do not agree with it our government is created to be separated from church and state meaning that just because it is against the Bible it should not transfer into our democracy.

Just to back you up on the statement about in nature there being homosexuality. Here's (click the link) an article about two legitimately homosexual penguins that reside in a zoo. It's kinda lengthy, but the first few paragraphs explain the relationship these penguins have. There are other situations with animals where they are legitimately homosexual. You can't tell me that's not natural, because these animals aren't even intelligent enough to choose to be homosexual. Animals go with instincts, that's all they're geared for. And these two are instinctively homosexual. That's nature for you right there. You can't argue that, and I refuse the thought that being homosexual is ever a choice that anyone makes.

*As with Ellie, I am not trying to make this into an argument. Friendly debate is perfectly fine, as I highly doubt this discussion will make any of us want to change our minds. But I just don't want to argue over something that we'll never agree on anyway. I just wanted to share some information I had.

Last edited by Catherine on Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/makeababy/baby/show_baby_profile/246139

PostSubject: Re: Any conserative republicans out there?   Any conserative republicans out there? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:34 pm

Wow, Kirsten it seems like you don't even know what you stand for. You're telling the republican-conservatives that they HAVE to believe in that in order to be in that political alignment. Personally, I'm libertarian, but there are a lot of things in my party that I disagree with but I am still libertarian: you find that in almost every party. Not all democrats are in agreement, (BTW: most registered democrats are white males).

The republican-conservative agenda is more to keep the status quo, which does turn out to benefit those who have always been in power: white males.... but I seriously don't believe a group of republicans sit around and say "How do we keep us whities in power?" There are a lot of conservative-republican brown people out there... do you think they have that on their mind? It's a ridiculous "argument" you're making, which is why no one is arguing with you because you're just throwing outlandish statements out there.
Back to top Go down
Michelle
Admin
Michelle

PostSubject: Re: Any conserative republicans out there?   Any conserative republicans out there? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 9:28 pm

I do know what I stand for and why I stand for it. I have spent 11 years (since the Kenneth Starr report was released and Bill Clinton's trial was all over the news) devoloping my ideas. I am liberal, I refuse to conform to a party. When you say you conform to a party you mean you believe in MOST of their ideas- I spelled out the ideas of the Republican party. I also spelled out what I believe.

And if you look at the demographics, while more men are registered Democrats then women; more women show up to vote and there is a high percentage of women registered as Democrats then as Republicans.

The status qou is white men are in power (until the Democrats and other liberals elected the better candidate in Obama). So whether they say it or not Republicans want to keep white men in power.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any conserative republicans out there?   Any conserative republicans out there? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:07 am

My point is with the status quo and republicans is their not purposely set out to benefit white men.

Going out and voting doesn't necessarily make up an accurate statistic for what people stand or believe in since the biggest voting party is the non-voters.

You said it yourself, MOST ideas, not all. You spelled out what YOU think republicans stand for. I have yet to find a checklist of any party that says this is the specifics and qualifications of what the party stands for.

You're a smart girl, you know "conforming" is quite an audacious and emotional word to throw out there. Nobody has stated "conforming" or assimilating to a party. If you don't know what you stand for then how are you standing?
Back to top Go down
ElenaCH

ElenaCH

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Any conserative republicans out there?   Any conserative republicans out there? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 7:37 pm

People are allowed to believe what they please. Im a democrat, homosexual and not religious the slightest bit, but I still respect others beliefs seeing as it is a personal issue and they can believe whatever they want, as long as they dont press it on me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any conserative republicans out there?   Any conserative republicans out there? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any conserative republicans out there?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Make A Baby Forum :: IRL/OOC :: Serious Topics-
Jump to: