Make A Baby Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facebook's Make a Baby Discussion Forum

HomeGetting in shape I_icon_mini_portalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Getting in shape

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ally
Admin
Ally

Number of posts : 854
Job/hobbies : Being on here all the time!
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Getting in shape Empty
PostSubject: Getting in shape   Getting in shape Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 6:37 pm

Alrite, so since summer is coming, I know that all of ladies want to lose some weight, and looks nice.
Well... so. Do. I.

Therefore, I am hoping that a couple of you will join me in this little work-out sesh!

The goal is that we make it into a little competition. Nothing too crazy, just for funsies. This will be based on the honor system, but let's see who can work out so most
Wink

I know I want to work on :
-My stomach
-Thighs
-Butt (Yeah you all can laugh)

Now, I am going to go out and run at least 30 mns for three days a week. Anyone up to "run" with me? Embarassed/Ashamed

We can post here how much we ran/lost/lazyweare/ and all the things concerning this little challenge Wink and we can keep tabs on each other, and yell at each other for being lazy/over achievers.

Cool Hope you guys decide to get in shape with me ! XD
Back to top Go down
emptysaucer
emptysaucer

Number of posts : 511
Job/hobbies : Hi-Tech Hobo/wasting time on the Internet.

Getting in shape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting in shape   Getting in shape Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 7:47 pm

Hmm... well, I'm not looking to lose any weight, but it would be nice to tone up a bit. But I'm not sure how you'd measure thatXD I don't even own a working scale:P

I know some tricks to tone up those areas once you get to the weight you like(and while you're working to get there). They're nice because they're things you can do throughout the day(while getting ready in the morning, at work, or even while shopping):

Stomach
- Standing up straight, feel just below your belly button. Tense those muscles there and hold for 15 seconds, let go for five, and do again. Five minutes a day of this and you'll lose inches on your waist(three or so seems to be the limit with this exercise, but that's still a fair amount for doing almost nothing). Be sure not to "suck in" your stomach, and make sure you're tensing the right part.
Thighs
- Sitting up straight, feet planted firmly on the floor, imagine there's a ball between your knees and press inward on it(or you can use an actual ball, if you like). Hold for fifteen, release for five, repeat for five minutes. Then, same starting position as before, imagine you're pushing your legs outward against something. Hold for fifteen, release for five, repeat for five minutes. This will tone up loose muscle and really make your legs look nice.
Butt:)
- While walking up the stairs, tense for seven steps, release for two, repeat until you reach the top. Do this every time you go up a set of stairs(even at home) and it really firms things up. Very tiring, though.

:3
Back to top Go down
http://emptysaucer.deviantart.com
MPP-Kani
MPP-Kani

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2009-01-08

Getting in shape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting in shape   Getting in shape Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 9:01 pm

I'll definitely keep accountable with you! I'm trying to get in shape myself, and since I'll be going home next week I won't have the motivation of having weight machines right next to the building where I eat, so I have to get myself to do other kinds of exercise.

One thing that helps me for the stomach- whenever you watch tv, do sit-ups (not crunches at first, you'll get too tired) during the commercials. Even with having to take a break or two and being apathetic about it, I can usually manage to get in like 100 or so during commercials, since sit-ups are easier than crunches. If I'm on a channel where I can usually guess how long the commercial breaks will be, I'll do like 5-10 crunches right at the end of it. I usually figure if I get to the point where I can't do it during commercials anymore because I get too tired, then it is time to stop watching tv for the day. ^-^ When you start off, you could set a goal like doing 10-20 every commercial break or something.

And thanks for the exercise ideas Kitty! Those are things I can do around campus all day. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ally
Admin
Ally

Getting in shape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting in shape   Getting in shape Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 10:43 pm

Ooh Kitty! Those are great! I won't look like a creep when I do them XD
I dont need to loose TOO much weight (Even I would like to loose a couple pounds), I just need to tone my body a bit ><'

I will def do those! And you can keep up posted on how tone you are getting! Tell us how much of a hottiiie you are becoming!!

Rei Renee- Alrite, we start tomorrow! You better run ><!! But I will do the sit ups tonight while wathcing TV XD
Back to top Go down
emptysaucer
emptysaucer

Number of posts : 511
Job/hobbies : Hi-Tech Hobo/wasting time on the Internet.

Getting in shape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting in shape   Getting in shape Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 2:24 pm

Allie - I'm already a hottie, what are you talking about? Wink

Rei Renee - I'll definitely be doing that at least once a day. I don't really watch TV, but I'll find something else to force myself(10 sit-ups before each post on the db/Forum? XD).

I wrote that jokingly, but I actually going to do sit-ups before every post:3
Back to top Go down
http://emptysaucer.deviantart.com
MPP-Kani
MPP-Kani

Getting in shape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting in shape   Getting in shape Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 2:53 pm

Very true kitty, you're both a step ahead of me on that one. ^-^

Yea, I don't actually watch tv with commercials while I'm at school, since we don't have tv or cable. Everything I watch is online. While I'm at school though, I try to do 5-10 for every amv I watch when I go on amv sprees. Smile

well, I've walked 3 miles so far today. Smile Hopefully I can get in another 2-4 more, it's a gorgeous 82F out today!
Back to top Go down
Cady

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-04-23

Getting in shape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting in shape   Getting in shape Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 6:39 pm

I think if I lost any weight I would have to be hospitalized. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ally
Admin
Ally

Getting in shape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting in shape   Getting in shape Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 12:23 am

Cady - XD That's cause you are already sportive! It doesnt count! XD

Rei- Today I tried running for 30 mns ... and I maybe ran 15 mns in total of that, plus I couldnt run for more than a minute at a time T_T
Back to top Go down
MPP-Kani
MPP-Kani

Getting in shape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting in shape   Getting in shape Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 3:01 am

Don't worry Ally, that's not bad.

Anyway, you've got me beat. I can't run at all, even for less than one minute, lol.

30 minutes is great! I wonder if we can keep it up on a Saturday? ^-^
Back to top Go down
Ally
Admin
Ally

Getting in shape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting in shape   Getting in shape Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 11:01 am

Well, I will be running again today. As a study break, and I will be doing the little sit ups in between each lessons.
I am determined XD

But on a lighter not, I am finally under 110 Lbs! It was probably cause I was on an empty stomach, buuuut just a couple more pounds and i will finally go back to doubel digits! <3
Back to top Go down
Selly J Watson

Selly J Watson

Number of posts : 141
Job/hobbies : Pharmacy Assistant/Reading, MAB and making things...
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Getting in shape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting in shape   Getting in shape Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 5:48 pm

With the Race For Life only 5 weeks away, I've decided that I'm going to really up the ante!

I'm going for the goal of losing 14lbs (1 stone) before the event!!

So... if I go back to Weightwatchers, I'll have support from that quarter, plus a 2 mile walk every Tuesday.
I've got the skipping rope - so will be using that at least once a week, maybe more - aiming to increase my stamina there.
Try to get back into swimming - should make it back to 32 lengths (half a mile) by then Smile

AND keep right on bouncing! morph

What with all that and the general running around at work I think it's perfectly possible! Who agrees?
Back to top Go down
Ally
Admin
Ally

Getting in shape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting in shape   Getting in shape Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 1:37 pm

I loooost 4 Lbs so far Wink
Keep on going everyone!
Back to top Go down
Selly J Watson

Selly J Watson

Getting in shape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting in shape   Getting in shape Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 6:55 am

I had a not so little surprise on the scales yesterday evening... talk about jaw-dropping!

Lost 5lbs!!!! Yes, 5lbs! In a WEEK! Very Happy

As I was already ½lb lighter than expected when I joined WW that means I've lost a total of 7lbs since I wrote the first post here!

Only another 7 to go before the Race for Life on 6th June Smile

cheers Well done Ally for losing those 4lbs, and keep it up everyone! cheers
Back to top Go down
Selly J Watson

Selly J Watson

Getting in shape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting in shape   Getting in shape Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 5:18 pm

Yes, I know I'm double-posting here!

RACE FOR LIFE is now DONE!!!

Took me 49 minutes and 20 seconds... my fastest time to date! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Getting in shape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting in shape   Getting in shape Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting in shape
Page 1 of 1