Make A Baby Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facebook's Make a Baby Discussion Forum

HomeMAB FAQ - The Basics I_icon_mini_portalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MAB FAQ - The Basics

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jessica Rockwell
Jessica Rockwell

Number of posts : 41
Job/hobbies : MAB
Registration date : 2009-01-06

MAB FAQ - The Basics Empty
PostSubject: MAB FAQ - The Basics   MAB FAQ - The Basics Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 12:15 pm

╔════════════════════════════════════════════╗
---------The Basics----------------------------------------------------------------
╚════════════════════════════════════════════╝
₪●₪●₪●₪●₪●₪●₪●₪●₪●₪●₪●₪●₪●₪●₪●₪●₪●₪●₪●₪●₪●₪●₪●₪

Q: How do I make a baby?
A: Go to your M.A.B homepage. Located in the dark blue toolbar, is the option “Make a Baby”. Click on that. You will be asked to invite a friend to become your baby's other parent. If you click that option,

then you will get a baby that is based off of yours and the other parent's genetic profiles. You will have to wait until the other person accepts the 'Mate Request' for you baby to be made.

If you click the option [skip] then you can make a fantasy baby. While in this tool, you can completely choose your baby's appearance and their gender. There are 2,208,640 different genetic combinations when you create a baby. (After LE, that raises to 27,036,800 different combinations.) When you are done, you can start caring for them and dressing them up.

It will cost you 250 baby bucks to make a new baby after you have 5 children.

Q: How do I edit my genetic profile?
A: Go to your M.A.B homepage. Located under your baby bucks balance is a series of links. Click on the third one, Genetic Profile. While in their you can pick different genetic traits. If you make a baby with a friend in the "Make a Baby" option, then the application will randomly select attributes from your genetic profile to make the baby.

Q: How do I get notifications from Make A Baby, like when someone posts on my baby's wall?
A: To get a notification, go to your Facebook homepage, click on Inbox, then go over to Notifications, on the right hand side should be a list of check boxes. Click on Make A Baby. I also suggest you click on discussion boards, so you know when someone had replied to your posts.

Q: What do I do if I am not getting notifications when someone writes on one of my baby's wall?
A: In order to receive notifications from this application, you must ensure that you have not blocked the application from sending you notifications. To check whether you have allowed notifications or blocked them, go to your Facebook Inbox. Once there, click the Notifications tab. The pane to the right shows all the applications you have added on Facebook. By each application, there is a check box. A checked box indicates that that application is allowed to send you notifications. An unchecked box shows the opposite - that the application is not allowed to. Make sure that the check box next to the Make-A-Baby logo is checked to be able to receive notifications. Even if it is checked, however, some MAB users are still unable to receive notifications for this particular activity (new comments on walls)

Q: Why are they charging us to Make A Baby after we have a certain amount of babies?
A: The main reason is to try to prevent people from being baby farmers. A baby farmer is someone who makes or adopts a lot of babies, uses them for the money from care actions, then neglects them. They usually use the money made off of "farmed" babies on select kids that they favor.

Q: How do I report someone I suspect of being a baby farmer?
A: There is no official way to do that, you’d probably contact a Developer, but there isn't much they can do. Baby farming is hard to prove.

Q: Are there any cheats for MAB?
A: No, there are not. You can pretty much only honestly play MAB. If anyone who tells you there is, then they are just lying.

Q: How is the birthday decided?
A: When a baby is made, it gets a default birthday, March 28. If you don’t like that day, you can change it. To do this go to your M.A.B homepage. Click on the baby whose birthday you want to change.

Under the dark blue toolbar there should be a group of links. Click on [Edit].

Q: I don't want all of my babies anymore, how do I "Start Over" on the app?
A: You can't. The only way to get rid of your babies is to give them up for adoption.

Q: If I remove the application, what happens to my babies?
A: Nothing happens to your babies. They are registered though your Facebook ID number. Even if you don’t have the application, they are still your babies. However if you plan on removing the application, put your babies in doll mode because you can still receive neglect reports for uncared for babies.

Q: Where can I find my baby’s ID number?
A: Go to your M.A.B homepage. Located in the dark blue toolbar, is the option “My Babies”. Click on that. Then click on the baby whose ID you want to know. Under their name will be their ID number.

Q: Where can I find my Facebook ID number?
A: Go to your Facebook profile page and look at the page's URL (in the address bar). The digits between 'id=' and '&ref' is your personal Facebook ID number.

Q: How do I post a link to one particular baby?
A: Go to the baby's profile (the page with all its information displayed) and then copy the URL in the address bar. Then paste this URL in any reply to a topic in order for others to see your baby.

Q: How do I post a link to all of my children?
A: Take your Facebook ID Number and paste it into this address link: https://apps.facebook.com/makeababy/site/a_friends_babies/FB_ID. The result is a link to a display of all the babies you parent/co-parent on the Make-A-Baby Application. You may want to bookmark this page for easier future access. Another way of obtaining this exact same page is by posting on one of your children's wall. By clicking your image on their wall, you will be directed to a display of all your children.

Q: What do I do if I can't rename or dress my baby?
Go to your M.A.B homepage. Find the baby you are having an issue with. Go into the 'Edit' screen and check to see if your baby's birthday is February 29. If it is, you will need to change it in order to rename or write a profile for your baby. You will not be able to change it back to February 29 in the future.

Q: What is a mini-me?
A: A mini-me is a baby on the game that is based off of the person who created it. It generally has that person's appearance and personality.

Q: What is a character baby?
A: A character baby is a baby in the game that is based off of a character from television, movies, books, or other places. Whatever character they are based off of, they generally have the characters appearance and personality.

Q: What is the MAB Economy?
A: It is the collection of how many baby bucks are being circulated throughout the MAB application.

Q: Is there anywhere I can go to talk with other MAB parents besides the discussion board?
A: Yes there is. I've included some links to some popular groups for parents under the Recent News Section of this group.

Q: How do I add a baby on my Facebook profile?
A: Go to your M.A.B homepage. Click on the child you want to add to your profile. Under the basic information there should be a group of links and little icons. Click on [Profile]. There will be the option to add that baby to your profile. Hit save.

Q: How do I remove a baby from my Facebook profile?
A: Go to your M.A.B homepage. Click on the child you want to remove from your profile. Under the basic information there should be a group of links and little icons. Click on [Profile]. There will be the option to remove that baby from your profile.

Q: How do I remove a baby from my Facebook profile that is not mine?
A: Cut and paste this link: [http://apps.new.facebook.com/makeababy/profile/profile_dialog/BABYID#]. Where it says BABYID#, type in the ID # of the baby that you don't want on your profile. When the page comes up, go to the bottom of the page. There should be a message that says “What position should (BABY) be on your profile?” Click the arrow and select -NOT ON PROFILE-. Hit save.

Q: I've noticed people with really cute photos of their babies, how do I get one?
A: You can either make it yourself on an art program or have a photo group do one for you. I’d suggest joining the group ‘MAB Art Center'. They can be found here: http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=27687283639. They have very beautiful pictures made by some of MAB most talented artists.

Q: Can I add really cool M.A.B groups as friends?
A: No, but you can join them.

Q: Some links are not working, how can I fix this?
A: You might need to remove the "new" from the URL, as of recently those links no longer work. If it has nothing to do with URL input then perhaps the page you are trying to access is being re-designed, or has too many other users accessing it at that moment. Just try again later.

Q: My baby's picture isn't showing up/my baby is missing?
A: Usually this can be solved by changing one piece of clothing, maybe more. Sometimes it is also solved by growing up the baby. If your baby is in doll mode, try taking it out. If none of these work, contact a Dev. They are the officers in this group with the title Developer.

Q: Where can I get really cool symbols like ♥️
A: Try this website: http://www.tedmontgomery.com/tutorial/ALTchrc.html

Q: I can't change my baby's status?
A: Insert the babies ID number at the end of this link: https://apps.facebook.com/makeababy/baby/set_status/

Q: What is a glitch?
A: A glitch is a problem in the system. When you have a glitch, the program may not work as it usually does. You may get blank screens, missing items, things like that.

Back to top Go down

MAB FAQ - The Basics
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Make A Baby Forum :: Help! Center :: Official MAB 'Help Link' and 'FAQ'-
Jump to: