Make A Baby Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facebook's Make a Baby Discussion Forum

HomeAny Anime/Manga Fans? I_icon_mini_portalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Any Anime/Manga Fans?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
emptysaucer
emptysaucer

Number of posts : 511
Job/hobbies : Hi-Tech Hobo/wasting time on the Internet.
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Any Anime/Manga Fans? Empty
PostSubject: Any Anime/Manga Fans?   Any Anime/Manga Fans? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 12:19 pm

This is "Off Topic", so I figure its okay to post this here.

Anyway, I recently(four days ago now) became Admin of a struggling and recently abandoned group on Facebook. I'm in the process of fixing it up and am thinking it's shaping up quite well.

It's a place for persons interested in buying and/or selling anime-related items to congregate. Preferably its for serious buyers and sellers, but we do have a Random Discussion thread for those who wish to bemoan the fact that they don't have a Paypal account. Every new member puts us higher in the search and every post puts us one step closer to being a vibrant, active community.

So come check us out and tell me what you think!

(Link is below my siggy)
Back to top Go down
http://emptysaucer.deviantart.com
emptysaucer
emptysaucer

PostSubject: Re: Any Anime/Manga Fans?   Any Anime/Manga Fans? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 12:21 pm

The rest of this thread can be used for whatever you want to talk about, since the Forum is sort of dead.
Back to top Go down
ChrEllie
Admin
ChrEllie

Number of posts : 100
Job/hobbies : You don't want to know...
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Any Anime/Manga Fans?   Any Anime/Manga Fans? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 2:56 pm

It's not dead just... in a coma :/
I love anime/manga but no paypal account. D:

Favorite manga author/artist is Junji Ito. He does these AMAZING horror mangas. Personally I love his Museum of Terror stuff, because it's short stories but Uzumaki is fabulous. Tomei is good too, and Gyo... oh wait I love everything he's done.
Back to top Go down
emptysaucer
emptysaucer

PostSubject: Re: Any Anime/Manga Fans?   Any Anime/Manga Fans? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 11:49 pm

ChrEllie wrote:
It's not dead just... in a coma :/
But with us here it just got awesome! (lol, obscure reference...)

ChrEllie wrote:
I love anime/manga but no paypal account. D:
You're lucky. I just dropped $300 on an order today (mind, it was for multiple items, just from the same user). But I'm done buying for a while now, there was just a lot of things I needed/wanted.

ChrEllie wrote:
Favorite manga author/artist is Junji Ito. He does these AMAZING horror mangas. Personally I love his Museum of Terror stuff, because it's short stories but Uzumaki is fabulous. Tomei is good too, and Gyo... oh wait I love everything he's done.
I've read the first volume of Uzumaki, but nothing else of his. Have you read Pluto? It's more a psychological manga than a horror but you may like it. Monster is also good, but quite long.
Back to top Go down
ChrEllie
Admin
ChrEllie

Number of posts : 100
Job/hobbies : You don't want to know...
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Any Anime/Manga Fans?   Any Anime/Manga Fans? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 5:55 pm

Dang $300? I feel you though, I have spent thousands on my anime/manga collection. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll definitely check them out! I'm always looking for new, good stuff.

I checked out the group, didn't post anything but looked at it. I've never read a doujin before though. Interesting. I've also never been to a con even though I really want to. D= I've always been a secret anime nerd since my friends/family hate it.
Back to top Go down
emptysaucer
emptysaucer

PostSubject: Re: Any Anime/Manga Fans?   Any Anime/Manga Fans? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 1:01 pm

Yeah, I tend to go for long stretches not buying anything, then go crazy with the purchasesXD

Thanks for taking a look. We're small, but I'm actually quite pleased with how active it now is. Not a lot of people think of Facebook when looking to buy things, but I'm hoping to change that a bit:)

The only con I've ever been to is Otafest this past May. Then I'm headed to Yaoifest (Calgary) in August and possibly Animethon (Edmonton) in the same month. I had to hide my anime obsession when I was younger because my mum was super strict and such things were "of the devil", but since I moved out (probably because of that) I've got a "screw you, I like what I like" attitude. My family does think it odd, but they've learned what they say doesn't really influence me.

Haha, I sound like such a bratXD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Anime/Manga Fans?   Any Anime/Manga Fans? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Anime/Manga Fans?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Make A Baby Forum :: IRL/OOC :: Off Topic-
Jump to: