Make A Baby Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facebook's Make a Baby Discussion Forum

HomeI have one question, need different perspectives. I_icon_mini_portalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I have one question, need different perspectives.

Go down 
+2
MPP-Kani
Hollyluvsbabies
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hollyluvsbabies

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-01-13

I have one question, need different perspectives. Empty
PostSubject: I have one question, need different perspectives.   I have one question, need different perspectives. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 3:35 pm

Hi everyone. I've heard people say they don't write their kid's profiles until they reach LE, i got bored and wanted to write one for my little one that's less then 2000 away, even though i see why you don't do it, it is kinda hard. But i'm wondering something. Which perspective do you write the profiles from? For instance do you write it like this:
"Kylie is a sweet little child who loves to spend time with her family."
Or like this
"I'm the oldest child, but I love spending time with all my siblings."
You know, first person's point of view or no. Which way do you find more entertaining to read? And which is easier? Thank you!! Holly Laughing
Back to top Go down
MPP-Kani
MPP-Kani

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: I have one question, need different perspectives.   I have one question, need different perspectives. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 3:41 pm

I usually write my about me section from the childs perspective and the description from a third person or the mother's (my) perspective.
Back to top Go down
Ally
Admin
Ally

Number of posts : 854
Job/hobbies : Being on here all the time!
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: I have one question, need different perspectives.   I have one question, need different perspectives. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 3:43 pm

Until they are LE, I am writing it in the third person cause they are too young to write it themselves, then I will just let them write it xP
Back to top Go down
Catherine

Catherine

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: I have one question, need different perspectives.   I have one question, need different perspectives. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:30 am

For the one profile I wrote, I wrote it in first person. I figure it's sort of like a little social networking page for the child, so they should write in their own perspective.
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/makeababy/baby/show_baby_profile/246139
AdminDeanna
Admin
AdminDeanna

Number of posts : 161
Job/hobbies : Graphic/Layout Designer of the MAB Forum, Art Director in VIVID, Artist

PostSubject: Re: I have one question, need different perspectives.   I have one question, need different perspectives. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 2:55 am

My advice is to write it in both views. Refer to this guide for help:

Profile Writing Guide (click)
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/makeababy/baby/show_baby_profile/355263
Hollyluvsbabies

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: I have one question, need different perspectives.   I have one question, need different perspectives. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 3:57 am

Ok thanks guys, I kinda figured it was more fun to write it from the kid's point of view, but maybe i'll use that. If they are younger then LE i'll write it, and then let them, good idea! I also thought maybe I would add a little note at the end from mom, like a mom's little point of view of her kid all summed up in like 2 or 3 sentences. Yeah??
Holly
Back to top Go down
Lorna

Lorna

Number of posts : 237
Job/hobbies : Musician/WebGeek

PostSubject: Re: I have one question, need different perspectives.   I have one question, need different perspectives. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:34 am

Honestly, you can do WHATEVER you want.
On the kids that a personality jumped into my head right away I would write it as young as Preschool. Of course like a small paragraph which growed with time. Some other kids I just can't put my finger on it. So when they got a bit older (LE) I started making up what made them different. (their personality/person)

BTW, Deanna, you're killing me with the long code that stretches the page!
Back to top Go down
Lorna

Lorna

Number of posts : 237
Job/hobbies : Musician/WebGeek

PostSubject: Re: I have one question, need different perspectives.   I have one question, need different perspectives. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:37 am

Ally wrote:
Until they are LE, I am writing it in the third person cause they are too young to write it themselves, then I will just let them write it xP
ohh yeah, I thought about that too. And I'm doing it with my newest babies. But I do it just on PS
Back to top Go down
AdminDeanna
Admin
AdminDeanna

Number of posts : 161
Job/hobbies : Graphic/Layout Designer of the MAB Forum, Art Director in VIVID, Artist

PostSubject: Re: I have one question, need different perspectives.   I have one question, need different perspectives. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 6:48 pm

^ I didn't do anything to stretch the page! :O
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/makeababy/baby/show_baby_profile/355263
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have one question, need different perspectives.   I have one question, need different perspectives. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I have one question, need different perspectives.
Page 1 of 1