Make A Baby Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facebook's Make a Baby Discussion Forum

HomeYay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION! I_icon_mini_portalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION!

Go down 
+20
Yining
Kelsey
Tara Alley
Krissy Tang
girlcrush12
animalgirl7011
Dark King
Catherine
ChrEllie
Alia S. Holmes
bekabook91
Michelle
MPP-Kani
AdminDeanna
Unsubscribe.
EmmettCullenXD
emptysaucer
Ally
Mackenzie
HannahBender
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
HannahBender

HannahBender

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-01-08

Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION! Empty
PostSubject: Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION!   Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 12:52 am

I'm sorry people, but I'm a church weenie and i have to talk about God with my friends sometimes so you're stuck with it lol.

Who all think God totally rawks here?!
Back to top Go down
Mackenzie

Mackenzie

Number of posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION!   Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 12:56 am

I do Smile
Back to top Go down
Ally
Admin
Ally

Number of posts : 854
Job/hobbies : Being on here all the time!
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION!   Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 12:57 am

Same here <3
Back to top Go down
Mackenzie

Mackenzie

PostSubject: Re: Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION!   Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 1:00 am

Im Catholic, how about you?
Back to top Go down
Ally
Admin
Ally

PostSubject: Re: Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION!   Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 1:00 am

Evangelist Protestant
Back to top Go down
Mackenzie

Mackenzie

PostSubject: Re: Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION!   Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 1:04 am

Ahh cool. I really dont know much about the differences between religions. Any idea what the difference is between them?
Back to top Go down
HannahBender

HannahBender

PostSubject: Re: Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION!   Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 1:05 am

I'm Christian and Missionary Alliance and lovin it! im at church 4 days a week for various things. Heck, im there so much im actually part of the church staff and im only 14!
Back to top Go down
Mackenzie

Mackenzie

PostSubject: Re: Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION!   Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 1:07 am

Wow thats pretty impressive! Im 16 and I go to church every Sunday at like 7:30 am and Im one of the Proclaimers who do the readings before the Gospel. Im def the youngest one by AT LEAST 40 yrs!
Back to top Go down
Ally
Admin
Ally

PostSubject: Re: Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION!   Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 1:10 am

>.> i barely go to church every sunday ^^" Such a slaaackkeerrr affraid
Back to top Go down
emptysaucer
emptysaucer

Number of posts : 511
Job/hobbies : Hi-Tech Hobo/wasting time on the Internet.

PostSubject: Re: Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION!   Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 1:36 am

I don't go to church myself, but I did for quite a while. I gradually lost interest as the old pastors steadily moved on to other posts and new ones took their place. If I don't actually learn something in church - or any other institute for that matter - then I consider it a waste of time. I find a lot of sermons consist of nothing more than restating what the congregation already knows, so everyone can go away with the happy feeling that they're still right. If you don't have to struggle at all to understand something then it's time you moved on to something a little more complicated.

As for God, the standard response I generally give when asked whether I believe in him is that I've not lived long enough nor experienced enough to make a decision about the existence of a being that would be paramount to admitting a belief in the human soul. I mean, scholars have been debating the existance of a higher being for literally thousands of years; how could I be so arrogant to believe that at only nineteen years of age I have it all figured out?

But I love getting in religious debates. I think I just like to cause trouble><
Back to top Go down
http://emptysaucer.deviantart.com
Ally
Admin
Ally

PostSubject: Re: Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION!   Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 1:45 am

Well, people who believe in God never said they knew everything about a higher power (I wrote player at first).
In the contrary, I think that then I knew even less, and proof is, I dont know everything! But God may knows everything apparently.
I don't go to church much because I am just tired of the way the decide to translate the bible. There was only one good church that I went to, it was back in france, and it was a missionary based church. That church was fantastic! They taught equality, and love, and care, and that we weren't in control of anything but the decision put in front of us...

I loved that church... I miss it >< Stupid American church (no offense i guess)
Back to top Go down
EmmettCullenXD

EmmettCullenXD

Number of posts : 63
Job/hobbies : Mechanic....I don't even like Car's that much -_-

PostSubject: Re: Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION!   Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 2:10 am

Devoted Methodist
I don't have much time
My sister is 14 and is there like 4 days a week too though!
She's a nut
Back to top Go down
Ally
Admin
Ally

PostSubject: Re: Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION!   Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 2:13 am

Wow! That's so much time devoted to a church! what can you even do during that whole time!
Back to top Go down
EmmettCullenXD

EmmettCullenXD

Number of posts : 63
Job/hobbies : Mechanic....I don't even like Car's that much -_-

PostSubject: Re: Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION!   Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 2:16 am

Ally wrote:
Wow! That's so much time devoted to a church! what can you even do during that whole time!

idk you'd have to ask my sister....but she's asleep
Actually she has an MAB has two kids actually
I'll have to get her to join....
but wait....then she'll want to steal the computer away from me
Crying or Very sad no!
Back to top Go down
Ally
Admin
Ally

PostSubject: Re: Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION!   Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 2:47 am

hahaha!! Awww nooo, you guys need a second computer!!

I am actually curious what someone can do so long at church!
Back to top Go down
emptysaucer
emptysaucer

Number of posts : 511
Job/hobbies : Hi-Tech Hobo/wasting time on the Internet.

PostSubject: Re: Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION!   Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 7:09 am

Ally wrote:
hahaha!! Awww nooo, you guys need a second computer!!

I am actually curious what someone can do so long at church!

Well... one day for regular church, one day for youth or young-adult's group, one day to help out in the kitchens, and a miscellaneous day for whatever. (my sister used to spend an inordinate amount of time at the church as well. I only really went for the occasional sermon and to help out at the Xmas Food Bank drive) That's just a guess, though.

But, you know, someone could ask the same thing about us. How can we really find so much to do with a simple Fb app? Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://emptysaucer.deviantart.com
Unsubscribe.

Unsubscribe.

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION!   Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 12:47 pm

I'm a pentecostal christian Smile
but i went to a Methodist church fr three months.
i go to church on Wednesdays and Sundays, probably because my church if fun and stuff lol
and yea --GOD RAWKS!!!-- :] Cute angel
Back to top Go down
AdminDeanna
Admin
AdminDeanna

Number of posts : 161
Job/hobbies : Graphic/Layout Designer of the MAB Forum, Art Director in VIVID, Artist

PostSubject: Re: Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION!   Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 12:54 pm

It's nice to be open about religion. Very Happy

I'm Lutheran-it's great to meet some other users who are Protestant Christians as well.
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/makeababy/baby/show_baby_profile/355263
MPP-Kani
MPP-Kani

Number of posts : 228

PostSubject: ...   Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 2:59 pm

I'm a non-denominational christian, although I have some Baptist leanings and I attend a baptist church when I'm at school. I only go to my church here at school one day a week, but that because I'm really busy with classes and we have a chapel service every day Monday through Friday anyway. So I guess I go to church 6 days a week.
Back to top Go down
Michelle
Admin
Michelle

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION!   Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 3:17 pm

I am a big believer in faith, relgion not so much. I don't like some one else saying to be faithful I ave to go to a building and give money, I believe I read on my own, I experience on my own. Nothings is required but me, the Big Guy and possibly, maybe, occasionally scripture.
Back to top Go down
MPP-Kani
MPP-Kani

PostSubject: ...   Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 3:27 pm

Faith is what's important, religion can help encourage you in your faith.

I don't go to church and chapel because I think it is absolutely necessary as a Christian. I go because of the things I learn from it and the encouragement of getting together with many other fellow Christians who will help you and encourage you and many of whom have probably gone through the same problems you are facing and so can give you advice. Hind-sight is always 20/20, and it's nice to learn from other's experiences. It's also nice to have that reminder that you aren't alone in your struggle to grow more with God and yet balance your faith with your everyday life, and also the challenges you are given against your faith in the things, people, and circumstances you run into everyday. Also, Since the chapels I go to are at my university, we learn a lot during them.

If you attend a service that only tells you things you already know, or doesn't challenge you or encourage you some way in your life, you're in the wrong place. It would be better to find another church or even not go than to attend a church that does not help you in your faith at all. And I'm not talking about making you feel good about your faith, I'm talk about forcing you to grow in your faith, even and especially when it makes you uncomfortable or stretches you outside of your comfort zone.

You can definitely grow in your faith without going to church, but if you have the right church, life won't seem as hopeless sometimes (I'm not saying it will be easier!) and THAT is definitely worth it, if you can find it.
Back to top Go down
bekabook91

bekabook91

Number of posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION!   Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 8:08 pm

Baptist here!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HannahBender

HannahBender

PostSubject: Re: Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION!   Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:13 pm

Wow it's been a long time since I've been on this forum...Everything's so colorful!

Anyway, I'm bored so I'm gonna ramble on about my church schedule.

Okay, so on Sundays there are two church services. The morning service from 8:15 to 9:30, the sunday school from 9:45 to 10:30, then the afternoon service from 10:45 to 12:15.

Sunday- Because I'm part of the Church's media team, I have to come early before the morning service, and stay after the afternoon service so I'm usually there around 7:30 all the way till 1:pm. I run the projector for when we sing the songs (I switch the lyrics slides) and I switch the sermon slides and maybe play a video or presentation if the pastor wants me to.
- Also on Sunday nights from 5:30 to 8:00 I go to Youth WINGS(W.arriors IN G.od''s S.ervice) Sunday Bible Study. The bible study only lasts until 6:30, the rest is just goofing off, playing dodgeball, and afterwards we usually go somewhere like pizza hut or CeCe's Pizza and chill out. So, I don't get home until about 10:00.

On Tuesdays, I go to Bible Quizzing Practice (If you wanna know what that is, ask me and I'll tell you what it is and how it works) from 6:30 to 8:30 but we usually stay until 9. It's so much fun!

Wednesdays, is WINGS Youth Group night, where we come, eat some food, sing a little worship, watch a video or two, play some games and then dive in to a reaaaally good message my youth pastor prepared for us. It's from 6:45 to 8:30, but I don't end up leaving until 9:30 because a lot of us stay afterwards just to hang out and goof around.

Okay, in Bible Quizzing, we have a district competition one saturday every month. So, one Friday a month, the bible quizzing teams come to the church for a pre-competition practice. from 6:30 to 9:00.

On Saturdays, I have to get up eaaarly, ehh, and I have to be at the church at 8:30 in the morning to set up the lyrics slides (type in the lyrics to the songs, select the backgrounds and transitions) and then set up the announcement slides(the announcement slideshow runs when people are filing in to the sanctuary) and I set up the sermon slides (A sermon slide usually says "Name of Message: Genesis 1:1" but that was just an example lol.. and it says up while the pastor preaches) I'm usually at church until about 9 or 10 doing this.

And on Sunday, it starts all over!

So, I bet I'm like the only 14 year old who doesn't sleep in. Not even on breaks can I sleep in on Saturday. xD
Back to top Go down
MPP-Kani
MPP-Kani

PostSubject: Re: Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION!   Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 3:32 pm

I do the same thing with the presentation slides for my church! I do it on saturday afternoons though, not early in the morning. ^-^ I love it though, don't you?

Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
HannahBender

HannahBender

PostSubject: Re: Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION!   Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 4:33 pm

MABMPP wrote:
I do the same thing with the presentation slides for my church! I do it on saturday afternoons though, not early in the morning. ^-^ I love it though, don't you?

Like a Star @ heaven

Yeah, it's so fun! I mostly love it because the other two members of the media team are 41 (reverse 41 and it's 14) lol. Yeah, I feel important up there with the media equipment. It's hard to sing the songs and switch the slides at the same time though D=
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION!   Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yay, serious topic! this means I can talk about RELIGION!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next